Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye to 2011 and Hello to 2012!

The holiday season officially ends today. It has been a wonderful holiday here at the Hart house. We got to visit with Bill's son and his wife and got to meet the newest addition to the family, Ms. Lillian Jeanette Hart. What a beautiful little girl she is, too! Meeting Lillian was truly the most wonderful Christmas gift anyone has ever given us. I loved holding her and even getting a chance to feed her. It was truly an amazing feeling! I want to thank Joe and Sarah for making Amy and I feel like a part of the family, too, even though we are not blood relatives. Bill has been doing that all along, but it's nice when others give us that acceptance as well. It tickled me so much to see Sarah refer to me as "Grandma Julie" in the caption of one of her pictures and to hear Joe refer to Amy as "Auntie Amy." I love Bill and all of his children (and grandchild) very much, and I hope that I will always be allowed to be a part of their lives in some way.

Another wonderful gift I have received this holiday season has come from Bill's ex-wife Leanne. I've always kind of gotten the feeling that Leanne really didn't like me very much and would really rather me just not be around. However, things seem to have changed recently in that we have had some rather pleasant exchanges on Facebook in recent weeks.  The awkwardness that always seems to exist between a first wife and a second wife seems to be disappearing, and for that, I am grateful. It just makes things easier when we are all around each other. The children don't feel like they have to choose one parent over the other because we are all able to work together to make sure each parent gets equal time. Cooperation is always the key, and this holiday season has proven that it can be done and done very well.

This Wednesday, I start my new job working at Columbia Southern University as an instructional designer. I am excited about it but also kind of nervous. The job is pretty similar to what I've been doing with Smart Horizons, so I don't feel my work will be an issue. They obviously like my writing, or I wouldn't have been offered the job. I guess the simple fact that it is a totally new situation is what makes me nervous. It is more money than I've ever made at any job before, so I really want to do well. Keep your fingers crossed out there for me!!

For 2012, I've decided to do a project that was actually inspired by my step-daughter-in-law. The project involves taking one picture each day of the new year to represent the day. I'm going to start another blog to showcase these pictures. I think of it as a great way to look back when 2012 draws to a close and reminisce about all that happened throughout the year. It is also a way of looking to see how things differ over a one-year period. Instead of creating a blog post every day of the year, though, I will post one a week showcasing all the previous week's pictures with an explanation of how each one represents its particular day. It sounded like fun when I read about it in Sarah's blog, so I thought I'd give it a shot. The address for the new blog is http://yearofthehart.blogspot.com/

So, Happy New Year, everyone!! I hope 2012 brings you all everything you need and many of the things you want as well. God bless you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment