Friday, October 14, 2011

It's Official

It's official!!! I have gone to the dark side!! I officially became a Democrat today. I can no longer associate myself with a party that seems to want others to suffer just so that they can have things the way they want them. What is so wrong with letting everyone have the same basic human rights as everyone else? Why can't my co-worker be allowed to marry the woman she loves and have a family? Honestly, how does that harm anyone else? Let me tell you about my co-worker and how she cares about others. Today, we found out that our paychecks are going to be delayed until possibly Tuesday. Well, she knew about my little girl's birthday party, and she was concerned that we wouldn't have decorations and a cake because we didn't get paid like we were supposed to. She and her partner were willing to bake a cake tonight for us. How sweet is that? How many people would have been willing to go to that much trouble for someone else? And yet people can call her evil and a sinner because she happens to be in love with another woman! I'm sorry, but there is no way I can associate myself with a group of people that truly believes that. My co-worker is more thoughtful than many of the so-called Christians I know. She actually displays the love of Christ more than my former pastor and others at the church ever did. And yet people call her evil? Sorry, but no!

Anyway, I just wanted to share that. It has been quite a trying day, and I am going to curl up with my husband, watch a movie, and just veg out for a while.

1 comment: