Sunday, October 9, 2011

Happiness

Hi! Well, my friend Shirley told me that I should write about happiness. I guess some of my posts haven't always been that happy. Therefore, I am going to write about some happy things tonight. First of all, I have a very happy marriage to a wonderful man. He is loving, caring, sensitive, and what I consider a real man to be. I thank God every day for bringing such a wonderful man into my life. I have never been treated with so much genuine love and respect before in my life.
Secondly, I am a proud mother of three beautiful, healthy children. Although two of them are not with me right now, I do love all of them very, very much. I am extremely proud of my son Alex. He is really growing up into a mature and sensible young man. I could NOT be prouder of him. Amy is doing very well in school and is getting ready to take dance lessons after the first of the year. My daughter Hayley is 18 now. I miss her and her brother Alex greatly. Hayley is not speaking to me right now, but I will always love her. She is my first-born, and I am extremely proud of her as well.
I also happen to be very proud of my three stepchildren. The oldest lives in Chicago, and his wife is pregnant with their first child. Yes, that means I will be a step-grandmother!! Who knew it would happen this quickly? Bill and I are very excited about it! (I'm secretly hoping the baby will call me Maw-Maw or Mee-Maw. That will be so cool!!!) I am very thankful to Joe and Sarah for making me and my children feel so welcome in the family. I will be forever grateful to both of them for that! The middle child lives in Pace and works with her dad and me at our company. Out of all three of Bill's kids, Rachel is the one who reminds me the most of him. I am so pleased to have gotten a chance to get close to her. She has such a wonderful heart and is much more intelligent than she gives herself credit for. Her dad and I are so proud at how well she is doing at work. They love her there!! Bill's youngest son is away at college right now at Melbourne, and he is the one that I got to know first and best of all three. I even got a chance to teach Geoffrey to drive! It was an interesting experience to say the least, but he did it! I'm so proud of him. He is incredibly intelligent, and I can't wait to see what he is going to become! He and I got really close, and I am so proud that he feels free to talk and even confide in me sometimes.
 

I am also happy to have a wonderful dog named Bella. We found her on Craig's List, and she is a very sweet Jack Russell terrier. She comforts me when I'm sad and follows me everywhere. She thinks she is a big, ferocious dog until a thunderstorm comes up, and then she needs me to protect her! LOL

Finally, I am very happy with my job. I have been working at Smart Horizons now for almost two years, and I love it! It really is the best job I have ever had. My coworkers and supervisors are really great, and it's a pleasure to go to work every day. I am very hopeful that this job will be the one that I get to retire from one day.

Some people may look at my life and wonder why on earth I am so happy. I don't really make that much money, I'm on my third marriage, and two of my kids no longer live with me. I miss my kids terribly, and I wish they were here. However, the life I have here with Bill, Amy, and Bella is actually a pretty good one. As my husband says, "We have everything we need and a fair amount of what we want. I think that's pretty good." Many people out there have it a whole lot harder than we do. I consider myself to be incredibly blessed and (yes, Shirley) very, very happy!! Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment